FAQ Asked In "Renters"
How Do I Know If I Can Trust An Owner?
Owners who provide comprehensive listings and respond quickly to inquiries are ideal. Transparent communication is a good indication of a professional and dependable owner.
If you come across a listing that lacks details it’s a good idea to ask questions. If an owner is unresponsive or vague, it is recommended that you inquire on other properties of interest.
Feel free to ask owners lots of questions - more often than not they will appreciate your conscientiousness.
Sample Questions for Property Owners:
- How long have you listed with CottageCountry.com?
- How long have you had this property?
- Do you regularly rent out your property?
- Is this your primary residence or vacation property?
- Will you or a designated contact person be available in case of emergency?
- What are your expectations?
- Is there anything specific I should know about the property?